Whisperkool Ductless Split – Ceiling Mount 4000
- Offers excellent efficiency by drawing in the warmer air which accumulates at the ceiling, cooling and dispersing the air throughout the environment
- Standard and 24V thermostat options available
- No ducting required
- Allows for maximum racking space
- Includes a pump system to remove excess condensation
- Includes cold weather start kit
- The grille of the unit comes with a durable black powder-coated finish, which can be painted to match the cellar
Approx. 1000 cu. ft. when cellar is fully insulated and sealed with a proper vapor barrier (each wine cellar is unique and has specific cooling requirements; heat load calculations should always be performed prior to selecting a cooling unit)
|BTU/h w/85°F air entering condenser coil||
Evaporator: 35.75”L x 14.5”W x 12.75”H, condenser: 16.08”L x 16.23”W x 12.61"H
Evaporator: 115V (15-amp dedicated circuit required), Condenser: 115V (15-amp dedicated circuit required)
Evaporator: 80 lbs, condenser: 56 lbs
Evaporator: 1 (running amps), compressor: LRA 43, RLA 8
Liquid line 1/4"; suction line 1/2" (less than 50 ft.), 5/8" (greater than 50 ft.)
1/4” ID clear plastic tubing
Evaporator is installed in the cellar. Condensing unit can be installed up to 100 line feet from evaporator unit.
Advanced digital display (50-ft. cable), liquid-temperature-measuring bottle probe (50-ft. cable)
Can maintain a 55°F cellar temperature with up to 110°F condenser air intake temperature
The Ceiling Mount series from WhisperKool offers a virtually invisible cooling system for your wine cellar. A ductless ceiling mount split-system has easy installation and accessibility with an evaporator grill that is primed and ready to be painted to match your cellar!
Note: A qualified HVAC-R technician is required for installation. Failure to have the system installed by a qualified technician will void the warranty.
The BTU/h value is an estimated number based on many variables. A heat load calculation is needed to estimate the BTU/h value for your wine cellar.
To calculate your BTU/h, you will need the wine cellar dimensions, building materials used, such as glass, concrete, etc., physical and geographical location of your wine cellar and insulation value of the wine cellar.
Contact Summit Wine Cellars to have a heat load calculation done for your wine cellar. 203.916.1664.
24V Thermostat Conversion Kit
Introducing our new 24-volt thermostat conversion kit for WhisperKOOL split systems!
Utilize industry-leading technology from major manufacturers to monitor the environment of your cellar. (See individual thermostat manufacturers’ websites for details.)
- Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Monitor run time and energy usage.
- Set alarm notifications.
- View your cellar conditions from your mobile device.
The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to Nest, Ecobee, and Honeywell.
By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V thermostat to run the equipment.
- WhisperKOOL does not provide smart thermostats. Those must be purchased separately.
- WhisperKOOL customer service staff do not provide technical support for customers’ selected thermostats.