Whisperkool Ductless Split – Platinum Split 4000
- Quiet and efficient operation
- Advanced electronic control system
- Standard and 24V thermostat options available
- Condensing unit can be placed outdoors with purchase of exterior housing
- 55°F temperature differential between the cellar and condensing unit air intake temperature
Approx. 1000 cu. ft. when cellar is fully insulated and sealed with a proper vapor barrier (each wine cellar is unique and has specific cooling requirements; heat load calculations should always be performed prior to selecting a cooling unit)
|BTU/h w/85°F air entering condenser coil||
Evaporator: 16.1"L x 20.5”W x 15.5”H, condenser: 16.08”L x 16.23”W x 12.61"H
Evaporator: 115V (15-amp dedicated circuit required), condenser: 115V (15-amp dedicated circuit required)
Evaporator: 57 lbs, condenser: 56 lbs
Evaporator: 1 (running amps), compressor: LRA 43, RLA 8
Liquid line 1/4"; suction line 1/2" (less than 50 ft.), 5/8" (greater than 50 ft.)
1/2” ID clear plastic tubing (not provided)
Evaporator unit is installed in the cellar. Condensing unit can be installed up to 100 line feet from evaporator unit. Allow for adequate airflow.
Advanced digital display (50-ft. cable), liquid-temperature-measuring bottle probe (retractable cable)
Can maintain a 55°F cellar temperature with up to 110°F condenser air intake temperature
The Platinum Series of ductless split-systems offers another choice for ductless split-system configuration. The evaporator is mounted on the wall of your wine cellar and the condenser can be placed outside up to 100′ away. If you do not want to see the evaporator, then get the fully ducted version of the Platinum Series.
Note: A qualified HVAC-R technician is required for installation. Failure to have the system installed by a qualified technician will void the warranty.
The BTU/h value is an estimated number based on many variables. A heat load calculation is needed to estimate the BTU/h value for your wine cellar.
To calculate your BTU/h, you will need the wine cellar dimensions, building materials used, such as glass, concrete, etc., physical and geographical location of your wine cellar and insulation value of the wine cellar.
Contact Summit Wine Cellars to have a heat load calculation done for your wine cellar. 203.916.1664.
24 V Thermostat Conversion Kit
Introducing our new 24-volt thermostat conversion kit for WhisperKOOL split systems!
Utilize industry-leading technology from major manufacturers to monitor the environment of your cellar. (See individual thermostat manufacturers’ websites for details.)
- Connect your thermostat to Wi‑Fi to control the temperature from your phone, tablet or laptop.
- Monitor run time and energy usage.
- Set alarm notifications.
- View your cellar conditions from your mobile device.
The use of the 24-volt thermostat conversion kit eliminates the thermostat normally included with the system and allows your contractor to select, purchase and install the thermostat technology of your choice, including but not limited to Nest, Ecobee, and Honeywell.
By selecting the 24V Thermostat Conversion Kit, you have acknowledged that the system will not be built with the standard WhisperKOOL control or liquid measuring bottle probe. You will have to source and purchase your own 24V thermostat to run the equipment.
- Not utilizing the thermostat from WhisperKOOL also eliminates the use of the bottle probe.
- WhisperKOOL does not provide smart thermostats. Those must be purchased separately.
- WhisperKOOL customer service staff do not provide technical support for customers’ selected thermostats.